Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Before and after.

Sorry for the silence! I am working soooo hard to get this new house in order! I thought I'd post my first before and after photos (click to zoom)! This is Julia's room. It originally looked like this (this was how the seller had it set up):

The wallpaper was busy, but actually I love daisies so it was the paper I hated least in the house. Julia, though, wouldn't stand for it! The carpet was ANCIENT and threadbare. When I peeled off the wallpaper, this was how the walls looked (sorry, it's the only pic I have and it's really bad!):

What you see above is actually another layer of wallpaper, but painted. Most of it ended up being chipped away and re-mudded. And here is the final product!:

The original wood floors under the carpet (which had never been finished in any way) were sanded and varnished. Her room is so cute now! She has a full-size bed, so she has plenty of room. The wall color was a compromise- she wanted a really dark and bright blue. I'll have better pics in the future, but this is the best I can do for now!

xoxo

24 comments:

  1. Those hardwood floors are gorgeous! Looks like you've done a ton of work, but its totally worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW What a glorious surprise hiding under that carpet. I am so jealous, i love hardwood flooring.
    I miss it so much.
    Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like your hard work is really paying off, darlin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those floors are amazing! You've really transformed the room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow well done, the room looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic! well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great transformation! It went from a grandma's room to a cool and hip place for a teenager. The floors look beautiful too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is beautiful. I found you on etsy forums, although, I feel like I've seen you around!?

    Following you now! Please come visit! :)

    jdavissquared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those floors are beautiful. Those sunny walls really lighten up the room. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks great!! i love the color of the walls in comparison with the richness of the floors!

    I found your blog through the Etsy forums and just wanted to say hi and that you have a new follower! Have a beautiful week!

    xo, Katie
    http://www.kateandoli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job Amy!!!!!!! Now I need you to come to my house to help me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute room! I love the color you chose for the walls. I hope Julia loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the color! The whole room looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just beautiful and I love the hardwood floor! Quite the transformation :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You have really been working hard....those wood floors are gorgeous! And I love the wall color. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. the room is beautiful you have done an incredible job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy- it's so beautiful! What a lot of hard work, but I bet Julia is in love with it! The floors are sooo wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soo cute! She is one lucky little girl! Love the color she picked for the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love old wall paper, but that aqua wall is the same colour I have in my studio. love blue rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  20. the room looks great and i love the paint color great choice! it def. looks 100 times better than it last did !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice work! I love before and after photos, and I bet you have tons more in the making :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, you HAVE been working VERY hard!!! The proof is in these photos! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great before and afters.. a job well done..

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!