Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Project.


The other day I was at a local vintage/resale shop on my lunch break. They were selling a few "doll blankets" at $5.00 each (the aqua part you see above). The blankets measured 25x20 inches each. I bought the aqua one, and I decided to just crochet a giant granny square all around it to make it a human-sized afghan. I was hoping to be able to find the same aqua color, but I went to three stores and nothing even comes close- everything is too blue and not aqua. I guess I'll just keep the square going with the pea green (I thought this color looked great with it), cream and brown. Maybe I'll think of some other accent colors that would work. I also might go back today and get the other two blankets. They had one that was a dusty orange color and a pink one, I think. Hopefully I'll be able to finish this while it's still cold outside!

18 comments:

  1. Ooo Good idea, I think the green suits it perfectly! I really wish I knew how to crochet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so pretty. I have been wishing for a pretty colored vintage afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the green... and it matches your blog colors perfectly :) I hope you and your daughter are doing well to your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a NEAT project! I love it and I love that you got the core piece at a thrift store. I love using pea green but, then again, it is one of my favorite colors anyway. Fun fun! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how pretty! I would have never thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it with the green! Great color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely selection of color. It goes so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there anything you can't make look absolutely beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Leah, the green really matches your blog; the blanket seems to fit in well here. :) Your crochet skills are really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the green with it! This is a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! Love the colors!
    I also love crocheting when it's cold outside.
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. good luck with your project!! I am crocheting a granny square afgan for already a couple of months=)) and still have a long way to go!
    I think your color combination will look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful idea!!! I love the green with the aqua- now I am curious to see the other blankets! I need to learn to crochet one of these days- it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful- both the original colors and the new color you've added! The stitch used to join the squares is unique and very interesting too. Did you get the other two?

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks gorgeous I think the colour you have chosen looks fabulous. Sending you hugs for your new life. Pop over to see who has joined us at TwoPinkPossums, very cute you will love them xx

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!