Friday, February 12, 2010

The past- in miniature

I am in love with the art of Rick Araluce. He makes teeny tiny dioramas that are little, warn bits of the past. From his website:

"Empty rooms. Barren chambers. Ill-lit crawl spaces. Places where dust settles, the paint peels, the plaster falls from the lath to scatter upon aged floor boards. Places where something happened. Or where nothing has happened for years. There are stories here."





Keep in mind that most of these dioramas are smaller than your open hand! The shop front is longer and the hidden clock is taller, but otherwise, these little guys are TINY! See more of Rick's work here.

13 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD! These are seriously the coolest things I've ever seen, EVER! I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with these! Going to go look more- you find the most wonderful sites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how they draw you in...I find myself wondering what is behind that window? or how did that clock get behind the wall? Whose toy is that?

    Wonderful~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this. When I was little, my mom used to take me to the Museum of History and Industry. They had a permanent exhibit with dioramas that I loved, still do. I used to look at them and imagine myself there--oh how I wanted the power to shrink!!!

    What is so neat about these is he leaves it up to the viewer to imagine what took place. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's amazing how they look so genuinely old! If you hadn't said that they were miniatures, I never would have guessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talent, Talent, Talent!!!

    The one with the clock is my favorite! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!