Thursday, February 11, 2010

A few more pics...

What I didn't show you before was that my "new" kitchen has the cutest ever walk-in pantry! I like how there is extra countertop space in there, and there's also a pull-out cutting board! See the little glass knob under the counter?

The room I call the "secret" room is not really a secret, but you can't get to it any other way than going through the bathroom. You'd think it was just a closet, but when you open it there is a small room- the one with the great antique linoleum floor! One wall in the secret room is floor-to-ceiling cabinets as shown below (I couldn't stand back far enough to get how tall they go! When you open the cabinets, there are shelves and also two storage compartments below the doors that have little lift-up lids.

Here are the curtains in the secret room...I actually think they are quite charming!

Of course I had to bring some of my rocks for my living room windowsill.

I got four antique chairs with the purchase of the house- I think the detail on them is really pretty:

And here is a photo of what the dining room looks like right now. Disaster area!

18 comments:

  1. So envious...wish I had a space that was truly mine. As backbreaking as it is right now, the payoff when it's done will be be huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. every picture you post makes me love your new home more and more- what charming character it has- this is the type of house I love. The little secret room is super cute! How I wish I was close enough to come over after work and help you out- I just love the painting and fixing part:) I think this house has secretly been waiting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you doing all the work yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new house looks awesome! I think the "secret" room is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the secret room :) So glad you found a place you love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sigh. i love your new home.

    ...i love home renovation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Amy, I LOVE your house! And I know it is going to look fabulous when you're done!! Love the pantry too... my grandparents had one of those little rooms in their house. So many wonderful features in this house and love the bonus chairs too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with that house! It's so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new house is going to be a sweet home. I love it already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the colors in your new kitchen! Good luck with the renovating:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a charming house! Is it in Woodstock? I love the yellow kitchen! Awesome! Can't wait to see what else you do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how pretty! I just love your pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really really love your place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooohhh...a secret room!!!! Wonderful fun!
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so lucky! What a charming, character-filled home. LOVE the rocks. What a creative idea. They look beautiful sitting peacefully in the window. I love the hard/soft, dark/light, masculain/feminine story they tell. Truely interesting and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lavendar and light yellow are one of my new favorite color combinations right now. I just love your new house too! I'm quite jealous, it's got huge amounts of character :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your house looks so adorable! Good luck with the improvements! :) I'm actually closing on a house TODAY and I can't believe it..

    ReplyDelete
  18. The house is looking great! I am so proud of you girl!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!