Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh. My. Gosh.

Remember this post? For those of you who didn't follow me back then, I had ordered the curio service from Leafcutter Designs. Lea asks you to provide 20 words- no stories or explanations- just 20 words. She then finds you the perfect treasure based on the words you provided. When I purchased the curio service, I was sent the loveliest vintage milk glass bird. It just so happens I was the first person to ever purchase that particular service, and, consequently, the first person to write a blog post about the wonderful experience I had. As a thank you and out of the kindness of her heart, Lea offered to send me a tiny "bonus" curio. I was to provide 20 additional words and she would find me the perfect treasure. Friends, I couldn't have picked something more perfect if I'd done it myself. Here were my words:

key, yellow, secret, typewriter, vine, thunder, mummy, compartment, birch, vessel, cemetery, abandoned, curiosity, locket, scroll, letterbox, path, warm, parlor, hearth

Today I received this:



I am now the proud owner of my own antique mourning locket!!! I have wanted one of these for so very long- when I opened the box and saw it I almost had to remember to breathe. Look at the woven hair inside! Oh my gosh, it is so lovely. I don't have time to post the accompanying letter right now as I'm heading back to work, but I just had to share this with all of you! The locket came to me from Australia. It also happens to be engraved with my dad's initials!! GB. I do urge all of you to order this service from Leafcutter Designs. It is all such a mystery not knowing what you are going to receive. I'm still in awe about this. Thank you SO much, Lea! You couldn't have chosen anything better. xoxo

P.S. This locket is a bit smaller than a dime- it is SO perfectly tiny!

24 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely! I thought about ordering the service after your first post but never did. I think I just might have to now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! truly spectacular and the letter that came along with milk glass bird... wow. What a spectacular gift. Thank you so much for posting, it is ... magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a glorious item and what a fantastic mystery behind it. This is magically amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh- I really loved it and then you said it was the size of a dime and I have to remember to breathe. I adore small things you know :)

    What a wonderful, wonderful thing to receive- you can tell she really takes her time in finding the perfect treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most fabulous thing I have heard of! She must be an amazing gift giver! What a most perfect present for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...I'm giving it a try. Here are my 20 words:Sugarskull-Camping-Whisper-Chocolate-Glitter-Steam-Toes-Loyality-"Parrothead"-Rollerskate-Dog-Halloween-Rain-Empowerment-Carmel-Swatchwatch-Brave-Children-Unique-Lavender...I will let you know what surprise I get...Thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, tattooedblogger, I have no idea what I would get with those 20 words! That will surely be a mystery, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how intriguing! This sounds like so much fun! I am going to have to try this. That locket is really beautiful and interesting. I would love to know the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, my goodness! Victorian hairwork pieces are really rare! How very beautiful and special. :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful locket, and a wonderful idea. Love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of this, and what a cool little trinkett! I'm tempted to purchase this service myself but I'm actually most worried about the coming up with 20 words part...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a great site. And what an amazing locket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow.. what a unique service. i've never heard of anything like this before. i'm off to read more..

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, she really capture the essence of those words very well in quite a lovely treasure! what a talent

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool idea - you're always on top of the latest and most creative outlets for goodies. I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is sooo cool. Thank you for sharing this. I found your blog on a blogging thread in the Etsy forum. Had to come over and see the great blog that has almost 500 followers in half a year. It's beautiful. Congratulations.

    Barbara/Sallymandy
    www.thebluekimono.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What an incredible gift! It is perfect!
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute idea! And I just love your little treasure. I'm going to have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lea is awesome! I met her at a neighbour's party and I have used her world's smallest postal service!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did it too. These were my words:

    french lavender, yoga, moor, france, british literature, run, independence, bungalow, autumn, mystery, fashion, peace, cats, trees, meditation, cashmere, new york city, heart, reflective

    Should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my gosh! what a fabulous concept! i love the locket, too! i'm totally gonna try this! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!