Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My little protector

Last night Julia and I were upstairs when we heard some scary noises downstairs...kind of a pounding noise. We thought it might be the cats but they were both upstairs with us. We brushed it off but every few minutes we heard another noise. I must say, I get scared easily and these noises were freaking me out. Well, Julia disappeared into her room and came out looking like this:
Pretty fierce, huh? Click the pic for a close-up. As you can see, she gathered every toy weapon from her room, along with a helmet, and said "Mom, I'm goin' down." What you can't see is she had a screwdriver in one pocket and some sour spray candy in the other. Her defense for the candy was that it was old and would hurt if she sprayed it in the "intruder's" eyes. My little protector! She went right down those stairs like the brave little girl she is. Of course, I tried to go down first, but she pushed right ahead. We never did find the source of the noise, and I'm happy to say we were safe and sound the entire night. I love my brave girl.

16 comments:

  1. Hahahha!! Julia!!! I think the sour spray was a good idea. Maybe it was just Beezly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, she pretty fierce!!!! you better watch it!!! ;) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so sweet, what a great little protector!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to mention her most secret weapon of all....

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. she is SERIOUS! i'd feel safe knowing she had my back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get so scared from strange noises at night! your little girl is so brave and fierce! I would have never thought to go down and check out the source of the noise, let alone try to fight it off... Good for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks convincing!! I got a glimpse of a screwdriver=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is fierce! I am woman hear me roar :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweetie- just melts my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, this was the sweetest story. What an amazing girl you have there! So glad to hear you both were safe and sound.

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, she looks pretty tough, girl! I wouldn't tangle with her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's so brave! My daughter once marched like a sentry, with a broom as her weapon, to protect me. A determined bird kept flying at my head while I was hanging clothes on the line and I needed a guard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is scary and cute and sweet all at the same time! i am glad you are both okay. i hate creepy noises at night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is too cute! Totally made me giggle. My protector is my cat, um, yeah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so adorable! Lucky you, having a sweet little protector. :) I get scared easily as well - I'm sure having sour candy spray around is an excellent defense!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!