Monday, December 28, 2009

It's been way too quiet around here...

I apologize for my silence lately! There have been some new developments in my life which have taken me away from blogging a bit- I'll try to be better, and will fill you in on some things in the coming month. In the meantime, I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas! I got some really nice things, including a couple of Etsy gifts. I am SO lucky to have gotten this amazing vintage cup and saucer set from craftydill:

I had my eye on it ever since the first time I saw it. I love the square shape and it's my favorite color, too! I was also overjoyed to get this gorgeous necklace from anoriginaljewelry:

It's SO dainty in person, and the green is absolutely perfect!

...is it wrong that I already have a new wish list? I'm drooling over the following items and trying my hardest not to buy them all this very second:

Adorable 2010 cloth calendar from 1canoe2.

Gorgeous vintage set of tea cups from littlebyrdvintage.

Journal made from an old book of Charles Dickens' works by moonmothpress. For those of you who haven't followed this blog long enough to know, Charles Dickens is kind of my boyfriend. ;)

On a closing note, I'd love your advice! I had this adorable vintage tea towel calendar that was a bit damaged. I decided to salvage the good parts and give the towel new life as a little snap pouch. I can't decide if I should use the part with the actual calendar on the front of the pouch, or put that part on the back and use the flowers as the front piece. Opinions, anyone???


Thanks in advance!

23 comments:

  1. I think the calendar part should be on the back!! You got some lovely gifts and what a great new wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flowers on the front - it looks so cute! Thanks for featuring the cups from my shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you really did get some amazing gifts! What a lucky gal! Love the color of that vintage cup and saucer set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the flowers on the front too. You got some lovely gifts and there's nothing wrong with wanting more etsy goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calendar on the front! That way your flowery flap gives some contrast. Plus- I love the idea of 'time' with the clock face next to the calendar. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Amy! Good luck on your new endeavors too! I love all the stuff you got! Very pretty! I especially love that necklace! Just my shade of green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree - flowers on the front, calendar on the back! Love the cloth calendar too! -kg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful gifts, your loved ones know you well! I like the idea of the calendar/clock on the front...offbeat perhaps, but I love the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous gifts! I gave so many from etsy this year and even purchased a few items for myself! It is the best to buy yourself gifts at the holidays, I will be sure to keep up that tradition :) I like the little purse with the calendar on the back. And the calendar is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so much loveliness! i love that green necklace...and the cup and saucer.... and the calendar.... pretty sure i love everything.

    just wanted to pop by and say hello and thank you for following my blog and commenting. excited to have a new blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. calender on the BACK because the clock flap looks awesome with the flower front and then the back has it's own interest.
    Do eeet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. definitely flowers for the front. :) I called ya the other day but I'm not sure if the message I left worked! IT sorta didn't do that beepy thing... lol I hope I get to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Calendar on the front. Definitely. Gives it such a unique, clever look!

    Charles Dickens... Have you seen the BBC / Masterpiece version of Bleak House with Gillian Anderson as Lady Dedlock? Absolutely AMAZING. It was my Christmas present to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen Beth, no, I've not seen it! I'll have to rent it or something...

    Nalamienea- I never got your message! Maybe it didn't work because I just got a new cell phone and there was a day or two that I hadn't set up my voicemail yet... sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OHHHHH nice cup and saucer! so pretty!

    I think you should put the calendar on the front. It pops and looks very different from anything I've seen.

    Cant wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It has been quiet. Lovely stuff you got--green is my favorite color next to blue :)

    Love this new project. I think the calendar would look best on back--a nice little surprise ya know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. that calandar is amazing! I hope that your life distractions are good ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope all is well with you. If those developments in your life have anything to do with what we talked about a while back, I hope it's all for the best! I'm here whenever you need!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amy - what a great idea to repurpose the salvageable scraps into a sweet coin purse. I like the flowers on the front. The calendar will look best as a stand-alone graphic on the back.

    Post photos or link to your shop when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I vote for flowers on the front. Nice salvage!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Amy!

    Thanks so much for mentioning my (now yours :D ) cup and saucers... you're too kind!

    I'm a little behind on your blog so not sure if you've already finished it but I like the calendar on the front.

    Hope you had a wonderful holiday season!! - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. i bought a few of the icanoe2 handprinted calendars at the renegade craft fair and gave them as christmas gifts - they were a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!