Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Back to the drawing board

Yesterday's photo of my granny square-in-progress was deceiving. It made one of the colors look creamy rather than the pale (but somehow NEON!) orange it really was. I should never have started using that color at night before I saw it in daylight! Anyway, I couldn't bear to look at it any longer. It was like an eyesore and I knew I had to get rid of that color altogether. Sadly, I took apart pretty much the entire square last night and started over. I now have this:

It still has far too much dark fuschia for my taste, considering that wasn't a color I'd even considered when I first pictured this afghan in my head. At any rate, I'm not taking it apart again! I'll just keep going with these four colors without that nasty little strip of pale neon orange.

5 comments:

  1. I like it so much looking at it today! I think the buttercream took away from it, but this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I really love this new color combination. I totally understand how agonizing it is to have to tear apart your work, but I think you did the right thing. You'd be so unhappy with your afghan had you kept going with a color you don't like. Great progress so far with the new square!

    ReplyDelete
  3. frogging in the worst i loved the first combo and i love this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it! The blue is especially pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!