Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My favorite vintage dishes

A few years ago I came across these LOVELY dishes at a little vintage shop in town (which no longer exists *tears*). I knew as soon as I saw the gorgeous pink interiors of the cups that I had to have them. I bought the whole set- teacups and saucers, soup bowls, dinner plates, covered casserole dish (also pink inside), gravy boat- everything. I cannot tell you how much I adore this set.

Recently at the thrift store I came upon these two pieces of Syracuse restaurant plates:

I got them for 50 cents each and I just love the square shape and colored edges! And, as it turns out, the pink one looks great with my beautiful dishes:

P.S. The crocheted backdrop in these photos is a giant bedspread made by my great-grandmother. It was given to me by my late grandma 11 years ago- I will cherish it always!

16 comments:

  1. How absolutely beautiful! I have my grandmother's dishes and cherish them as well! Heirlooms are a wonderful gift in life! Thanks for sharing these! k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those dishes and love how you have added the new finds. My mom and I love hunting for treasures, these are gorgeous, I would've gotten them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those square dishes are to die for! I know why you got them! I would have picked them up too! Great finds! Happy Treasure Hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for your comment on my blog. i was really writing to myself, its what i needed to hear myself, but i am so glad to know it hit home with someone else. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great dishes. thrift & vintage shops near me never have that good of quality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are so pretty. I wish there was a vintage shop near me so i could find pretty things like this. Good thinking snapping up the whole set!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dishes, but I really really love your bedspread that has been handed down through the generations. Oh my goodness it is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS dishes! Doesn't it make you so happy when the interior of things like dishes or handbags or shoes is an unexpected color? Such an easy thing to do when making something but very few companies do it. It's always a big selling point with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hurray, looking in charity shops for vintage china is one of my favourite things to do :) what lovely ones you've found! i have a plan for the flowers for my wedding, i'm going to have rose & peony flower heads dotted in vintage teacups all over the tables, so i have that excuse for doing a lot of vintage china hunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are gorgeous!!! love love love them=)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dishes!! YOu always find such gorgeous things!

    btw... I had hoped to catch you in chat to show you my delphine... but it seems you have beaten me to it! lol

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new 'finds' match your vintage set so well. Great looking set, btw!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful set! I have such a soft spot for vintage dishes. It's a really sweet pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My grandmother had these. Where oh where are they?

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!