Friday, November 13, 2009

A good mail day, it was...

Ahhh, isn't she breathtaking? I got this absolutely beautiful ring from Jess of Rosy Revolver yesterday, and I've learned two things. The first is that I'm so glad I don't have to photograph rings on a daily basis because it is really, really hard. The second is that I can actually FEEL the love and hard work Jess put into this ring. Her work is so intricate- and she spent so much time making a piece that would be perfect for me. It's more than a ring to me. It's something I can actually feel her hands molding and shaping and soldering. It's something I will give to Julia one day. It's something I will cherish always. If you don't already know Jess, go follow her blog. She is absolutely lovely and you won't regret it. There is no lack of beauty there- and many of her posts are just about as inspirational as they come. A few have brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for everything, JJ - I mean it!

Now onto another bit of mail:

Remember this post? Alisha Lynn Carrier will draw any image you request on a 5x7 piece of brown paper bag for $10.00. A while back I requested an old-fashioned lamppost on a dark street. I got my drawing yesterday and I love it!


10 comments:

  1. Lovely ring! And that drawing is so cool, feels like you're actually in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that ring and I know a lot of work went into it--how great of you to appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of not knowing exactly what you are going to get, the drawing is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm envious of that ring! just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ring is gorgeous! I'll be sure and check out her blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the ring is beautiful and the draw too !!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!