Saturday, October 24, 2009

Eggnog tea bread


I wish you could smell my house right now! I have been meaning to share this insanely easy recipe for a long time, and now that they have eggnog in stores I was finally able to make it. This is fresh out of the oven! If you like eggnog and pound cake and don't really have time to bake, this is the recipe for you!

Eggnog tea bread

16 oz. package pound cake mix
3/4 cup refrigerated eggnog
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs
1 cup sifted powdered sugar for icing
1 tablespoon refrigerated eggnog for icing

Combine first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for three minutes. Pour batter into four greased 6"x3" loaf pans (I used the disposable tin ones). Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans. Cool on wire racks.

Combine powdered sugar and one tablespoon eggnog, stirring well (it will be very thick but it will "melt" when you drizzle it). Drizzle over bread. Makes four loaves.

So good! I had it for breakfast! Well, actually I licked the batter bowl for breakfast. I had the bread for lunch. :)

20 comments:

  1. OMG! This looks so yum! I dont even know what Egg Nog tastes like but I'm salivating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anoriginaljewelry, it tastes like Christmas! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! I so wish I can cook & bake! :D At the moment, I will stick to eating.. How I wish I were your neighbor or best friend.. so that I get a sniff and bite of this yummy cake :D

    God bless
    Alice
    http://piggylittleshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this looks like the ultimate comfort food!! Will be trying this very soon!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks amazing. I *have* to make that. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks sooo good, 'cept that I have only seen eegnog for sale in NZ like one time, and I don't remember where that was... ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man egg nog and pound cake?! That's just nuts...I'm gonna try it, like now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds so good! That kind of thing is my biggest weakness. I saved the recipe. Will be trying it soon.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I remember when you were excited in chat earlier today about making it and I wasn't so sure about the idea but WOW this looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so delicious! I am going to have to make some. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is now on my list to make! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love eggnog! This would be soo good. I hate using mixes though. I'm going to try to use eggnog in a regular quick bread recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum! eggnog is one of my weaknesses! I bought soynog as a substitute last year & it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmmm...i have this recipe for clementine vanilla bread i'm dying to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks absolutely delicious, I'm definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. perfect! i was just thinking i wanted to make some sort of sweet bread this week, and eat it fresh out of the oven when it's still warm...
    :)
    also, i love the little bit of the tablecloth in the first picture - is it vintage?

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh. wow. that sounds HEAVENLY. i must make this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Uh oh.. I may have to try this! I'm so excited that eggnog is already on the shelves at the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!