Saturday, October 24, 2009

Antje Duvekot



Tonight Julia and I were lucky enough to see Antje Duvekot sing live right here in town- front row seats, too! I have loved Antje ever since I first discovered her (thanks, Pandora!). She is a folksy, acoustic guitar-playing singer songwriter, and being a guitar girl myself, she is my cup of tea! It just so happens that her song, entitled Diana's Song, has been a great comfort to both Julia and myself these past couple of years. Whenever I am sad, or whenever she is sad, I hold her like a baby (big as she is!) and sing her this song. Tonight we were lucky enough to be able to tell Antje face-to-face how much this song means to us, and that Julia knows all the words and loves it just as much as I do. Antje ended up singing this song tonight, and she dedicated it to Julia! I got the whole thing on video (although the lighting was not good!) and will always cherish this special moment. If you have a minute, listen to the words of this song. What a great night!

P.S. Use the little play arrow below the video to make it play- the one on top doesn't work!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, what a beautiful song and a special moment for you and Julia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, who's REALLY fancy now?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cool!! P.S. the video here was taking a long time to load for me, so after I heard her dedicate the song to Julia, I went to Youtube, haha, to hear the song... And I saw a comment from "myhools"! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful evening, one to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you and your daughter found happiness in "Diana's Song". I'm Diana and it is my favorite song in the world and just hearing it can change the course of my day from bad to good. Written for me and loved by many...it doesn't get better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, Diana- hello! How thankful I am that she wrote this for you and now my daughter and I have been able to enjoy it! It really does turn your whole day around listening to it, and it was AMAZING to see Antje sing it in person. I'll never forget it. Thank you for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. to Diana- if you talk to Antje please tell her my daughter can't stop listening to Dead Horse Trampoline since the show...she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again, I've been enjoying your blog and your etsy shop...might just see an order from me soon. I'm in love with the messenger bags. I have passed your message on to Antje. She really is a gem and I've been seriously lucky to have her in my life in such a huge way. Her music is incredible, but she is a truly amazing woman in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diana- I'm flattered you have been enjoying the blog and also like my messengers! Those are my newest design and I've been having a lot of fun making them. Thanks, also, for passing the message to Antje! It means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!