Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vintage pink loveliness


A while back I was browsing the lovely Strawberry Koi's blog, and she was doing a feature on the equally lovely Alisha from Roseate Spoonbill. And in that feature Alisha was wearing the gorgeous vintage pink dress above. I left a comment that day saying "I want that dress!" And you know what? Alisha emailed me and said she didn't wear it anymore and she'd be happy to send it to me for free!! Well, I did a little dance and screamed and then tried to act all casual about it like I didn't just run around my room like a crazy person and accepted the offer.

I was so excited yesterday to find the package on my front porch! Friends, this dress is tiny! The waist is 24 inches so let's just say I'm sucking it in big time. However, isn't there a rule that when you're clothed in vintage pink loveliness you don't require the standard amount of oxygen? I think it's a rule...but it's so pretty. And I love it. And, Alisha, I thank you with all my heart!

21 comments:

  1. Oh, that is absolutely amazing! I WANT ONE TOO! I actually have one in a similar model, but it's red with white polka-dots on. I really love pink though, and it looks very beautiful on you! Is the dress actually vintage, or is it a reproduction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one super awesome dress! And what a great coincidence that you got it for free :D People are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG- it looks great on you! I love it and I am not a big fan of pink. What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is stunning and you look lovely in it! Speaking of vintage clothing and oxygen, isnt that the theory of tight corsetry? If you look beautiful, who needs to breathe? Just kidding:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is stunning! And how amazingly sweet of her to give it to you! You look so so beautiful in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible dress! And you look fabulous in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So...if I say I want that dress, you'll send it to me! Ha Ha!

    So cute on you...can yo believe how tiny those vintage waistlines are...crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one very awesome dress and it looks amazing on you! Yep, that is the rule...I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talk about your good luck! Definitely a rule.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so sweet :) I'm just amazed at all of the kind and wonderful things people are doing for one another these days. The pink dress is so cute on you (sucking in and all) and lol @ "isn't there a rule that when you're clothed in vintage pink loveliness you don't require the standard amount of oxygen" ha ha ha! Perfect and so so true!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LUCKY!!
    Of course, even sucking in I wouldn't fit into a 24 inch waist!.....Maybe I'm excused having just had a baby, but still....and am I still babbling...yes... sorry...you look gorgeous, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A 24" waist! You don't look like you're sucking in too much, you look wonderful in that dress! Alisha's real nice and generous, i love the vintage ladies blogging community so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! You look so pretty in it! :)

    And for some odd reason I just now realized that I was not following your blog?! How is that even possible?! Must be just because I always know to go to ponderandstitch.blogspot.com. hehe. Oh well, it's fixed now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress looks amazing on you pretty lady! And oh my goodness you are the tiniest if you squeeze in to a 24" waist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you got it!!
    it looks wonderful on you :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! Don't you just love the random sweetness of online people? Such a cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're so lucky to have received such a beautiful dress and showing your appreciation is marvelous lady in pink!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!