Sunday, September 20, 2009

I've been treasure hunting!

Yesterday my mom and I were driving to a shopping mall about 45 minutes away, and on the way we passed an outdoor antique flea market being held at a church. Of course, we turned around immediately to go treasure hunting!

I got this sweet little matchbox holder- I've never seen one on a stand quite like this one and thought it was so cute:

I'm so happy I bought these amazing salt and pepper shakers! I assure you, the pictures don't do them justice. The blue is so pretty in person. The seller was 100% sure she had the missing cap and will be sending it to me when she finds it:

Oh, and these are really big. They are around six inches tall and almost three inches wide.

Of course I couldn't pass up this old pitcher:

I guess I have a thing for salt and pepper shakers. I just had to get these ones because they were so tiny! They are about an inch tall:

I also got ten of these 60's/70's kitchen wall art pieces. I thought they would be really cute hung as a grouping in a retro kitchen. Each has a recipe, and some of them actually look really good! My mom also bought nine of them (though she got the best ones, in my opinion). These were only 25 cents each!!:

I also picked up this great vintage fabric and a handful of vintage buttons at a local antique shop:

Oh! The flea market was held outside the church next to an ancient cemetery! For those of you who have been reading this blog since it started, you know I have a thing for cemeteries. We saw some beautiful gravestones and I only wish I had brought my camera. Yes, Mom, I know you said we should bring our cameras and I said we shouldn't. You win!

24 comments:

  1. Those buttons are gorgeous! Treasure hunting is always fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a grand score! The pitcher is exceptionally lovely. Do find a viewable copy of Everything is Illimunated, it's an especially touching story for collectors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Illuminated-I knew that looked weird . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great fabric, I love yellow! And that reminds me I need to find some more vintage buttons, I'm running low on my supply

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those blue and white salt and pepper shakers! They're so beautiful and old looking. And what a clever little matchbox holder! All of your finds are just gorgeous - as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great finds! i love stumbling across unexpected sales and finding treasures. it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved to go out on a hunt for old buttons!
    Cute salt and peppar shakers too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I just love treasure hunting! I haven't been flea-marketing in a while, but me and my sister used to go all the time. I love going to Goodwill and looking at the little figurines and such. I found a sweeet vintage china tea cup a while back. I guess I'm not the only one with this little treasure hunting hobby. haha, my sister makes fun of me for it. :)

    hope you have a lovely day!
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo I love those framed recipes for $.25 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds! I love flea markets. We don't have that many where I live though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow what great finds, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. as usual, beautiful things. :) What's the plan for the fabric? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you really hit the jackpot. Where was that at? I guess I need to start watching for those little sales. I love all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got lucky with this haul! Especially the matchbox holder thing. P.S, I linked to you in my new blog! Because I like what you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous finds!!
    Have a super week ~~

    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. You came across some really great finds this weekend. Hey...those pictures would match my yellow canister set perfectly!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a neat flea market! I love that pitcher. And yeah - whenever I think I don't need to bring my camera somewhere, I end up seeing amazing things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just stumbled onto your blog...FABULOUS! Lovely finds!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful loot! That matchbox is simply amazing! Can't wait to see the awesome cuff you'll make--I hope--from that yellow fabric. I just love yellow :) You have great taste Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like such a great day! You got some really wonderful things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely findings! I love reading your blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay , lots of great stuff ! Lucky you !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wauw , you got a great taste !!, love all your new treasures !! xx

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!