Friday, September 4, 2009

Have you heard about Leafcutter Designs?

I cannot tell you how much I adore the shop at Leafcutter Designs. You see that little chest of drawers above? For a dollar you can pick a drawer and she will send you whatever tiny object is inside. Sure, it's only a dollar so it can't be something great, but what a thrill! It's the mystery that I find so intriguing. The contents of the drawers change as items are purchased.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the World's Smallest Postal Service! For $8.00 plus shipping you can type up to 12 sentences which Lea will then make into the teeniest, tiniest letter- complete with a little wax seal! She will then mail it to your recipient. The letter comes in a little sleeve made for coin collecting and even comes with a magnifying glass! I bought one of these for my mom a while back and it was beyond adorable! You MUST send someone you know a tiny letter today.

Oh, and Lea even offers a curio search service. You see, she loves finding treasures. All you need to do is tell her 20 words that mean something to you and pay how much you want to spend and in a couple of weeks you will find a surprise treasure on your doorstep. I just love the whole mystery aspect of this site. Now go pay Lea a visit and get some goodies!

***UPDATE! I just ordered the curio service and cannot wait to see what I get! These were the words I provided (which Lea keeps in mind when searching for the perfect treasure!): London, Dickens, books, sewing, Victorian, passageway, tiny, treasure chest, dark, dumbwaiter, lantern, tea, dainty florals, green, aqua, vintage, daguerreotype, carriage. I'll be sure to let all of you know what I receive!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!! This is so cool...I'm off to visit her shop...thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cool! I love the teeny, tiny letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a perfect gift for my friend. She makes miniatures but I bet she's never gotten a miniature letter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool site! Such an array of wonderful, whimsical things! Thanks for sharing. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. Love your site also. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recall the tiny letters, but the curio search option is amazing. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to check her out.

    I'm keeping busy while I await my cuff *screams in excitement*

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! Going to check it out today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wauw....that all so cool, going to take a look in a min :)...xx Dani ps: do you have msn ?..thanks for the comments on my weblog...it's me in the pink dress...a long long time ago ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are such neat ideas...I now will have to go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! both of these are sooooo cool! everyone loves a mystery! and those tiny letters - what a cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I am sooooooooo happy you shared this with us! What an awesome site! This is the kind of stuff I just love--mystery, miniatures, surprises, creativity, and thoughtfulness :) I can't wait to see what you get, and I LOVE the words you chose! The tactile poetry is awesome!

    PS I'm keeping my eye out for a good beach rock to send you at some point...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your always finding the most interesting things, it makes me feel like my life is so mind numbingly boring! Must. Get. As. Cool. As. Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot tell you how much I love that box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE!! Thank you for the link---will you be sharing what you receive from the curio service? How fun- it must be like being a child waiting for your birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good word choices! I can't wait to see what you get.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!