Thursday, September 24, 2009

Brilliant.

Watch the amazing video here.

Jarbas Agnelli said:
Reading a newspaper, I saw a picture of birds on the electric wires. I cut out the photo and decided to make a song, using the exact location of the birds as notes (no Photoshop edit). I knew it wasn't the most original idea in the universe. I was just curious to hear what melody the birds were creating.

I sent the music to the photographer, Paulo Pinto, who I Googled on the internet. He told his editor, who told a reporter and the story ended up as an interview in the very same newspaper.

Here I've posted a short video made with the photo, the music and the score (composed by the birds).

Music made with Logic.
Video made with After Effects.

The newspaper story about my work (O Estado de São Paulo): tinyurl.com/l4qdbg

12 comments:

  1. It is such a joy to read your blog every morning...I always know I'm going to see something beautiful and unique. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really nifty find, so creative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'know, Fred Rogers would have loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen Beth, what do you mean you don't get it?! It's just a pretty song...the birds on the wires are in the exact places the notes would be..the song playing is what you would hear if the birds were notes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely!

    hhaah i have family who lives in São Paulo, Brazil! :D

    -Erica
    LoveErica.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it !! Beautiful !!..Art from the Heart xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grandma had this idea when I was a little girl. She was walking my sister and I to the grocery store and she pointed upward to the crows on the power lines. I remember she said, "Look, it's a musical score." I never forgot that and it's funny how often this connection is made in photographs, poetry, novels, etc. The music video is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the most amazing thing ever. I never would have thought of it, and had never heard of anyone making that connection before. I love seeing things in new ways. Great post, Amy.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!