Sunday, September 6, 2009

Behind the scenes...

When you see this:

I see this:

Wow, not so glamorous, huh?! I take all the pictures for my shop out on my second-story porch. I always use the same thrifted doily under the item (best 25 cents ever) and an old book (actually a collection of prints all tied up in book form) as the backdrop. And, yes, that is a rubber mallet holding the book steady. Why do I have a rubber mallet? I have no idea. But it was out on the porch and I decided to use it one day, and now nothing will do but my trusty rubber mallet. Now I can't believe I just showed the world the ugly truth about my photo shoots! Maybe some of you with shops can do a behind-the-scenes post, too!

P.S. This bracelet was added to the shop today. The 15% off sale lasts through the 7th. Just enter 'weekend deals' in the note to seller and you will be refunded the difference through paypal.

16 comments:

  1. haha what a fun idea! I take all mine on my white dress form. jewelry, clothes, and purses. But sometimes I turn the form upside down and stick stuff inside etc. Its not so pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing behind the scenes at how the magic is made! hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the worst time with pictures for etsy! Yay for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy being able to see how other Etsians do their dirty work :) Its very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! you should see where my photos are taken, eek! I don't know if I;m brave enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, whatever works. Your pictures turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...i just have to say i am totally jealous of the fact that you have a second story porch. I have dreams of sleeping in hammocks on second story porches and only being inside when it is absolutely necessary. and thanks for sharing behind the scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have really great light on your porch, and I LOVE that table!!

    Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh its great to see what props and things people use. I take my photos on a cabinet in our bathroom as the lighting is the best there. I sometimes pinch/borrow one of my Mams small glass vases which works good for earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. whatever works to get the best photo. I try several things and do hundreds shot before I get the best one, so much trial and error, but I have fun shooting my items.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little shooting studio! Clever ideas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's brilliant! Thanks for giving us a peek "behind the magic".

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so neat! Great to see how you create a pretty and consistent background each time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha! I'll show you mine, promise...it is not at all fancy. It's a means to an end though.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!