Monday, August 17, 2009

Vintage jewelry chest

My new best friend over at Rosy Revolver blogged today about her amazing jewelry box collection. It got me thinking about a vintage jewelry chest I picked up on one of my many vintage shopping sprees. I call it a chest but I don't really know if that is the technical word for it! The top opens to reveal a mirror, and the doors open to reveal a place to hang necklaces. Each drawer has a different number of compartments. The chest (when lid is closed) is about 2.5 feet tall. I just love that it is actually a piece of furniture!

It's still really dusty inside and needs a good cleaning. I haven't actually used it yet, but I have a ton of jewelry to put in here once I find the perfect place for it.

14 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I badly need something like that. I bet you'll be able to store TONS of pretties in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great old piece of vintage furniture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome piece! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I gotta have one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! That is a FIND!! Why don't we live closer to each other so we can go thrifting together?!?!? Okay, seriously, I think UPS can have that here a day or two. My shipping address is . . .

    : )

    Thank you, Amy! So, so, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so gorgeous! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful, and very cool vintage looking... I would dye that red fabric inside in a different color, but that's just me...
    I see you're quite lucky being able to go on shopping sprees and finding all these goodies!! Very jealous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. heey thanks for letting me know my links didnt work!! here is where i found that grey top :D
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29090423

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, don't be mad at me, but this is the one thing of yours that I don't like. I like everything else, however....

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute find! I don't think i would even have enough stuff to fill one of those drawers... which means i should start hinting to the husband more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I mean I LOVE it and it's my favorite thing of yours. NOT the bookcase table that has the side wings that isn't cool or my favorite thing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, it's beautiful! I want one. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!