Friday, August 14, 2009

A sneak peek and your suggestions

A week or two ago I went to the antique flea market and picked up this great vintage feedsack. Here is a peek of the pouch I decided to make out of it. I don't have the flap constructed or attached yet, but you get the idea. Now here's my question. Do I add a cluster of small vintage buttons to the lace as shown below?

Or should I do one larger button?

Or should I leave the buttons off the lace altogether and just add one to the flap?

What do you guys think? I think I'm going to go with the white button on the flap and that's it.

9 comments:

  1. That material is adorable! I'm cool with the cluster of buttons on the lace, but I definitely like the white button on the flap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap! I like them all...but maybe go with the cluster to mix things up a bit.
    Love the print on the feedsack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all too. I think I like the cluster the best if I had to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the one big black button on the lace best, and maybe a little red one that kind of blends into the fabric for the snap?


    Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm...I don't know but I REALLY love the flat lace. The buttons detract from it. I didn't even notice how much I loved the flat lace until I saw the picture with no button on that part.
    I guess I like the large white button on the flap, but maybe would like a different button on the lace....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the last picture the best, with just the white button

    ReplyDelete
  7. very sweet...i like the large white button - it pops against the fabric!! wish i could sew...

    ReplyDelete
  8. one black one i think...the fabric is very pretty !!..xx

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!