Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pretty things from around the house

A grouping of miniature (only a few inches tall!) antique books from my mom. They live above my fireplace and are one of my favorite things.

A vintage cat planter also on my fireplace mantel. Notice the lack of plant (I kill them).


A flower from a bouquet given to me by the beautiful Bunny. Please note: I am deathly afraid of bees and wasps. The fact that I was this close to one is a miracle.

A quick snapshot of part of an original painting I own. It's from tushtush and it always makes me happy.

Oh, wait, that's not pretty- just a stinky pup.

11 comments:

  1. The little vintage books are so pretty. I am terrified of bees and wasps so I cannot believe how close to one you were either! It was worth it though, the picture looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I'm oddly fascinated by other people's curios and collectibles. The books are fantastic; I see why they are among your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!! I love seeing other peoples special items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy thanks for your warm comment on my blog. Glad I have you in my corner ;)
    BTW, I am deathly afraid of bees and wasps too! So much so, that I started telling everyone I was allergic just to excuse this fear of mine... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a very cute stinky pup! Love the litttle green books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you love the books! I thought they were pretty and was happy to find them at the flea!
    Speaking of bees. Do you know the story about a dozen bees and me in the bathtub, 8 months pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puppyface!!! Too cute.

    You look a bit like the girl in the painting. All delicate and mysterious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stinky pup... he is CUTE!!!

    LOVE those books at the top! What titles are they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing some pieces of your world :)...really nice to see xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read the comments first to see if anyone else saw it, and RosieRevolver did. I was immediately reminded of you when I looked at the girl in the tushtush painting, Amy. xo Bunny

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!