Thursday, August 6, 2009

Heidi braids

So the wonderful vintage beauty at oh, kirby! has inspired me to try heidi braids. She looks absolutely adorable in them so I thought I'd give it a try today on my lunch break.

Here is what I've found: 1. Nobody can pull off this look better than she can. 2. They are not as easy as they look. I couldn't get them to stay up! Anyway, I'm not sure I can pull off this look and will have to give it another try when I have more time to secure the braids correctly.
P.S. I bought this shirt last summer and just found it in the trunk of my car still in the bag. I'm glad it is still warm enough to get some use out of it!

16 comments:

  1. The Heidi braids are adorable on you! And the instant I saw the photo, I was like,oh my gosh! It's that shirt you never wore!! And it's CUTE on you! REAL cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love that shirt as well. :) I wish I could attempt this with my hair, but it's not long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! Love your shirt, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the braids on you and that shirt is wonderful! Maybe by next summer my hair will be long enough...grow...grow...grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolulty beautiful with both of them !! xx Dani

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it suits you! I've been attempting vintage hair and I'm not too sure it's working out for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hair and shirt are awesome. You look fantastic!

    When my daughter was little her hair was really long. I use to twist it into these little bun things on the sides of her head. She loved it!! We called them Fun Buns!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a lovely, lovely lady, braids, shirt, and all! I couldn't do those braids; my hair has such choppy layers that I'd have sticky-outie pieces all over the place. Sort of a "punk Heidi" I guess. : ) You wear it well, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cutest heidi braids ever!...and i loooove finding clothes i forgot i had :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable!!!! Girl, you are so damn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely braids.... lots and lots of bobby pins will keep them up... after you do it a few times you'll figure out where they need to be.

    What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, lov'n the heidi braids!! It's funny, I just did a post on heidi braids :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is all cute! Both you, the braids and that lovely shrirt!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!