Saturday, August 15, 2009

Best. Button. Ever.

Today I went antiquing at a great three-level antique store in Wisconsin. I was lucky enough to come across this old mother of pearl button while searching for buttons to use on my cuffs. My heart kind of skipped a beat when I saw it. I've mentioned before how I have a thing for antique skeleton keys, especially tiny ones, and this button has a tiny skeleton key affixed to it! The little round bits above and below the key are actually screwed into the button and you can see where they pop through on the back. I LOVE this button!! I will not be able to part with it, and have decided to use it on a cuff of my own, maybe a single strand cuff. For size reference, the button is the size of a penny. I'm so glad I found it (and it was only $1.00!).

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love buttons; this one is super unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic! i saw it and before i finshed reading i was thinking "there is no way anyone could ever voluntarily part with this" lol. i was right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy! That is the best button EVER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is stunning! I can't believe you only paid $1 for it. It really is the best button I have ever seen! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Amy :)
    It's amazing what can make us women skip a bit... Hope life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great treasure ;)...you are lucky :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo lovely piece! Such a great find.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!