Friday, August 7, 2009

Aren't they lovely?

I've shown you my dear Gramma Mona before, so today I thought I'd show you my favorite photo of my grandparents on the other side of the family. I have loved this picture my entire life. It's not a good scan, because it is actually from a newspaper- I believe this was even their wedding day! Grandma is gone, but Grandpa is still around, as dapper as can be.


I'll leave you with what I'll be doing tonight, which is nestling into a comfy corner with a blanket (probably this one) and some tea and Liza Picard's book, Victorian London: The Tale of a City 1840-1870. I highly recommend it.

Anybody else have any good book recommendations about Victorian times (especially London, with which I am fascinated!)? I'd love to hear them! This particular book is nonfiction but I'd love recommendations for both fiction and nonfiction.

Everybody have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. I love that photo--I know it's dear to you. I'll have to check out that book. Some authors you might like are Edith Wharton, Victoria Holt, Claire Darcy, Dorothy Eden. Have you ever read these ladies. They are older and may or may not still be alive, I'm not sure, but very good nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a darling, darling photo. You can tell where you get your good looks love!

    xoxo

    Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, is Grandpa doing a dad pose there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And just a thought...what picture will Julia be posting of her maternal grandparents on her own blog in 20 years??

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wedding picture is lost....The 8x10 one that has been around forever vanished after the last move. I WONDER what happened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom, Julia will be posting the picture of you dancing in the fabric store. And I don't think that's a dad pose. Well, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome photo!!
    London is amazing. I suggest going ASAP.
    We went there for our honeymoon.
    Get your butt on a plane girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you should definitely read The Affinity Bridge by George Mann

    its a steampunk novel set in victorian London.
    i LOVED it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful photo !! hope you had a relaxing evening and have a great weekend too !!

    xx Dani

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, they are adorable!!! What a gorgeous photo... I don't have anything like that!!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!