Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Very first post - an antique postcard sentiment


I have a great love of ephemera, be it postcards or letters or diaries or the pages of old books. I've collected ephemera for a long time, and have pondered the best way to preserve the words of the past. The postcard pictured above was mailed May 1, 1910. Wrote Stella to Anna, "I still think of you, as you will see." Stella was real, and Anna was real, and I am always boggled that such sentiments end up in random antique shops. I guess it's all for the best, as I was able to pick up this postcard and give it new life. Stella's words have been hand embroidered onto this triple strand fabric cuff bracelet. This is the first bracelet in the postcard sentiment line, and you can find it here. Antique postcard included with purchase.

7 comments:

  1. I love this bracelet! I am off to favorite your store. Leslie (aka thetinygarden)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it. i know what you mean exactly. im completely fascinated by old postcards, i have one myself from 1911 . i can't remember what is says right now, but to think someone held that, wrote on it, way back then really just amazes me. very cute braclet. love the blog. im following now. check me out if you want. http://hellolollipop.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This idea is so terrific, and getting the post card with the cuff is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I have a similar love for old books and the little notes, pressed flowers, etc that can be found inside of them.

    (Thanks so much for posting my 'Snowhite' dish as one of your current faves below!)

    Good luck with your blog and your etsy shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I adore it! I am beelining it to etsy to look at your other stuff.

    thanks for checking out my blog! so sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea! i looove the cuff! your blog is lovely.

    ~Katie Eats Cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love these! I've also got a great affection for old written correspondence, with all those wonderful cursive scripts, postmarks, and stamps. Those cuffs are not only original, but really funky as well.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!