Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tiny vessels


No, this blog will not revolve solely around items involving salt (see yesterday's post). This post, however, is dedicated to tiny vessels - vintage vessels, to be exact. I've always had a soft spot for tiny holders of things, be it a secret compartment in an old trunk, little vintage trinket boxes or even those little clear glass jelly jars (they are my favorite juice glasses!). Even vintage salt shakers without their lids can look stunning when arranged in a collection.

The green one pictured above has been a fave of mine for a long time. Here is what it looks like with its lid:


I have had these shakers for years, and the green beauty was purchased here. If you love vintage, you'll love this shop!

17 comments:

  1. Those are all so pretty! Love the green shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! You have some great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was little I used to collect this kind stuff and use it for my tea parties. My mom would let me keep it all in my room and I felt so adult! When we moved it all dissappeared, I was heartbroken! Love this kinda shabby chic stuff! Such fun trinketts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that's too bad it all disappeared! And I love tea parties! (I still have them with my daughter and little sister) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is lovely! Great collection of vessels! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all so lovely! I love little containers, and vintage ones are even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of those tiny vases. I also have an obsession with the tiny little things :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I love anything where glass is involved :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love all these little bits :D I was also checking out the rest of your blog and your antique postcard bracelet is the most genius idea ive ever heard of! i love love LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing!! I love all your photographs too. Do you have any formal training in photography? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, everyone! Nope, Nalamienea- I don't have any formal training. Thank you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i adore this post! that first picture is phenomenal, and i now i think i should keep my eye out for a green salt shaker like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love beautiful glass items. Your finds are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are very lovely glass vessels!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!