Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thunderstorms

I love a good thunderstorm. Now, I'm a sunshine girl all the way and my favorite thing is a pure blue cloudless sky and lots of sun. But if it's going to be gloomy out, there had better be a nice and loud (and sometimes scary) thunderstorm. Last summer we had a huge storm form right over us very quickly and I took these photos from the second story porch of my house.



Do disregard the annoying finger in the photo below:


The whole thing ended with the most enormous rainbow I've ever seen. I could only capture half of it at a time with my camera. I assure you these amateur photos don't do it justice!

21 comments:

  1. amazzzing!!!
    it's hauntingly so beautiful & happy ending with the rainbow of course...

    ~XO*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing i can say i Wauw !!...those clouds and the beautiful rainbow....xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing!! I have never seen a thunderstorm (except once from above it, I was in a plane somewhere above Mid-USA). Very very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting these. My sister and I like to take photos of storm clouds...and skies in general too. These are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some wicked looking clouds! I too love a good, loud storm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures - what interesting clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Captivating clouds...and the rainbow with a happy ending. I love storms...scary fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love storms and these photos are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Thats amazing! I love thunderstorms too! When we lived in FL, we got a storm everday at 3pm during the summer... I miss that!
    Good pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, those clouds were great! And yay for the rainbow happy ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, thunderstorms and rainbows. Yin and yang. Balance, ah :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. for amateur pictures, these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pics are awesome! Nothing like a good wall cloud and a tornado siren to get the adrenaline going... I also love a good storm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. To answer you from awhile back, Pippin is my black pug puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are AMAZING photos! I think that might have been quite a scary storm judging by the cloud formations. I love the reassuring rainbow at the end:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That is a huge storm! Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!