Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My favorite childhood toy and a sneak peek

I know I'm not alone when I say my favorite childhood toy was Strawberry Shortcake! It was really hard to choose an absolute favorite, but after some pondering, I realized it had to be her. The photo above was snapped this morning. This is one of my original miniatures I played with when I was young. It's hard to imagine my tiny hands once held this very doll. Now she sits atop my sewing machine and watches me stitch. I can't say, though, that Strawberry Shortcake was my favorite of the gang in terms of scent. In my opinion, the awards for best scent went to Cherry Cuddler, Apple Dumplin' and Raspberry Tart. Oh- and I couldn't stand the smell of Blueberry Muffin! What was your favorite childhood toy?

Now on to the sneak peek! Oh, how I love keys. Don't forget to enter the giveaway below!

9 comments:

  1. I too was a huge fan of hers! She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a big shortcake fan, I was more into Cabbage Patch dolls I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Cabbage Patch Kids were great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were into Holly Hobbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dare I say it . . . My Little Ponies. I liked brushing their manes! But Strawberry Shortcake was great too; I think I had all the books. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was fond of my Raggedy Ann doll (love the little heart!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved all the things above! I really loved Raggedy Ann and remember my Raggedy Ann sheets and dolls very well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apple Dumpling!! Was that where I came up with the name for you? I thought it came out of thin air but maybe you (or your "aunt") had these little dolls and it wormed it's way into my subconscious! Get it? Worm - apple?? LOL
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!