Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fast friends

"THANK YOU, MOMMY! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!" That was what she said when she saw the cage and little Stanley's head peeping out of his igloo. She gave me the tightest hug she's ever given me, and I knew she would be just fine. Nope, she didn't like Templeton or Samuel Whiskers, and knew right away she wanted him to be Stanley.
They seemed to bond right away, and right after these pictures were snapped he fell asleep in her arms. It was so great!

If you want to see a super cute video of Stanley, click here, and try not to be distracted by the..um..extremely large..um..spherical nethers at the end. I promise after a while you don't notice them anymore, haha.

12 comments:

  1. Of course you're the best mom ever, how could you not be with that sort of a surprise waiting to greet her when she got home? He's adorable. I wondered if he's end up calling him Stanley, and it's the perfect name considering the first Stanley is who brought him into your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! My comment actually posted. I just about died from shock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey B!! I'm surprised your comment went through, too!! I'm happy it did (the baby rat, though, was named Stuart).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rats can be a LOT of work and vet bills. Just a heads up we have owned them before. Check out this forum for nice knowledable rat owners
    http://www.ratforum.com

    Good Luck with your new friend, make sure to do lots of research. They require specific care and nutrients, bedding, and cleanliness...wow Im rattling, anywways check out the forum and do some google research. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful!
    Oh, and your daughter's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love the name Samuel Whiskers, but Stanley is cute as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwww! What a wonderful mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Stanley!! Your daughter is cute too. You are a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stanley is about the cutest rat i've ever seen! Yay!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ears are so cute! This is the first full grown rat I could ever call cute...after years of living in NYC I became a serious rodent non-fan...but Stanley looks like Mickey Mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! Stanley is soooooo cute! I love animals. They bring so much joy into one's life.

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!