Monday, July 13, 2009

Come and knock on my door...

...and I'll show you some of my favorite old things around the house. Keep in mind these photos were taken a while back with a not very good camera, so they aren't the best! The wall below is in my dining room, and I call it the wall of people I don't know. Most of the photos all belonged to the same family and show the same little girls growing up, from toddler age to teenagers. I found the photos at an estate sale and knew I had to give them a proper home. The photo below shows one of my favorite pieces ever! Like I said, it's not a very good photo, and I have no idea what that white circle is up by the pillow! The very best thing about this cedar chest is that the shaped wood piece right under the chest is actually a drawer that opens up. I LOVE this piece. Click on it for a closer view!

This chair used to live in an old mansion a couple of towns away. They were thinking about tearing down the mansion for a while and sold a lot of the furniture. I got this chair after someone had already painted it. One of these days I hope to recover the chair cushion, as it doesn't really match the rest of my house. Kitterson just had to sneak into this photo.

Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

  1. I love that chair!!!
    What a great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUUUCH great pieces! i love that wall of photos and the chest and chair are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chair.. and the kitty in it seems to too!.. so cute! ;)

    ps. come and enter my giveaway! ;)
    http://cabinandcub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is so pretty! I love your wall colours and you have awesome taste in antiques! When do I get an invite??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that chair--what did they originally use that chair for I wonder??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the chair has wheels...weird! I just wouldn't expect that type of chair to have them..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great place! Love your wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. darling! your home is quite lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the picture of the sweet kitty!
    She looks like our "Ellie"

    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it and you for sharing.......thanks too for your blog comments!

    Patricia
    TattooDreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments- thanks for leaving one!